~ Healthy Recipe ~
Peanut butter can be one of those foods that's very easy to overeat, especially when you’re eating it with a spoon straight out of the jar.
So I do find that having it in an indulgent treat like these, portioned out into pieces, really helps me eat it in moderation.*
The 3 main ingredients also do a great balancing act. With the fat in the peanut butter slowing down the digestion of carbohydrates from the dates and blended oats, which keeps you fuller for longer.
These raw bites of goodness also contain insoluble and soluble fibre, with a rough calculation of 5g of fibre per serve.
Peanut Butter Bites
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Setting time: 30 mins - 1 hour
- Serve: 6-9
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk of choice (omit if using medjool dates)
- Blend dates, peanut butter and oats until the ingredients have broken down and are combined.
- (Omit this step if using medjool dates). Add 1 Tbs of milk and blend briefly to combine. If mixture is still quite dry, add another Tbs of milk.
- Pour mixture into a small lined tupperware container or similar (such as a small brownie pan) and place in the fridge to set for approximately 30 mins - 1 hour. Then cut into 6-9 bite size pieces to enjoy.
Want daily recipe inspo?
Follow me on Instagram at @eaton_balanced
I also get excited by products or brands that help make healthy eating easier. if you’re a brand and feel your product aligns with my real food philosophy, I’d love to work together. Get in touch here