~ Healthy Recipe ~
If you have a sweet tooth, and you like dates and pecans, then I guarantee this recipe won’t disappoint. It’s easy to make, with minimal ingredients, and although it’s a treat, it’s still healthy too.
The majority of sweetness comes from the dates which is also balanced by their fibre and the healthy fats in the pecans and almonds.
Fun Fact - Pecans contain fibre, antioxidants, protein and more than 19 vitamins and minerals!
You’ll notice below that it can also be made into a slice. This is another option, although I recommend the tarts as the caramel is quite gooey! (and helps with portion control too).
Pecan and Date Tarts
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Setting time: 10 - 15 minutes
- Serves: 6 - 8
- ½ cup raw pecans
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon rice malt syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- Blend pecans into a flour. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend to combine.
- Evenly distribute mixture into bottom of container and press down. Place in fridge
Top layer Ingredients
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 4 tablespoon milk of choice
- 2 teaspoon nut butter (peanut or almond)
- ½ cup dry roasted or raw pecans to top
- Blend dates until they turn into a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the 1/2 cup roasted/raw pecans) and blend until mixture starts to thicken.
- Evenly distribute onto the top of the base and arrange pecans on top.
- Place in freezer for approximately 10 – 15 minutes to set.
note: store in the freezer
Want daily recipe inspo?
Follow me on Instagram at @eaton_balanced
I also get excited by products or brands that help make healthy eating easier. if you’re a brand and feel your product aligns with my real food philosophy, I’d love to work together. Get in touch here