I don’t know if this really warrants a recipe, but why not? Even if it just sparks an idea or takes you back to your childhood, then the post is totally worth it.
I love it's simplicity. Find your favourite quality dark chocolate, cover it in popcorn and bang. It’s done!
Fun Fact – A quality dark chocolate may contain iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
These micronutrients may also be up to 4x more concentrated in cocoa powder (but this isn’t practical as you’re not going to eat cocoa powder with a spoon!).
I’d also recommend a dark chocolate that has 70% cocoa solids or above.
I hope you enjoy!
Note: For allergies & intolerances, this is dependent on the type of chocolate used. Therefore, it could be made free from eggs, dairy, lactose, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat.
Want to save & print the recipe for later?
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 50g quality dark chocolate
- 80g air popped popcorn (no salt or lightly salted)
- Place popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly melt chocolate in microwave (30 sec - 1 minute intervals) or double boiler. Evenly drizzle over popcorn. Mix to evenly coat (I use my hands).
- Place in fridge to allow chocolate to set and enjoy!