~ Healthy Recipe ~
This yummy cookie is suitable for a wide range of intolerances and allergies, including lactose, dairy, gluten, wheat, egg and many more.
Its main ingredient is almonds and is sweetened by only 2 tablespoons of honey.
Almonds are such a versatile nut, they’re also rich in protein, calcium and Vitamin E and I love how they behave in healthy baking.
The chia jam is also a great alternative to your regular store bought jam. It's made with fresh fruit, chia seeds and sweetened with your sweetener of choice (I opt for honey), and because it's homemade you can make it as sweet or sour as you like.
These cookies also have an amazing soft texture and so much flavour!
Almond & Vanilla Jam Drops
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 13 - 15 minutes
- Serves: 9
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Approximately 6 heaped teaspoons of chia jam
- Preheat oven to 170˚C
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together using a fork. On a lined baking tray, measure 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture, roll into a ball and lightly press down in centre. Scoop 1 heaped tsp of chia jam into centre.
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
note: They will be soft when they first come out of the oven but will firm up as they cool.
Plum Chia Jam
- 3-4 plums (or 1 ½ cups berries)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- optional: 1 – 2 teaspoons honey or sweetener of choice
- Chop plums roughly into pieces and place in medium saucepan with water. Stir mixture while bringing to a boil, and cook over medium heat until fruit becomes soft and has broken down (approximately 10 minutes), then mash until desired consistency.
- Take saucepan off the heat and stir in sweetener (if using), then stir in Chia seeds. Take off heat and set to the side to cool (stirring occasionally).
Want daily recipe inspo?
Follow me on Instagram at @eaton_balanced
I also get excited by products or brands that help make healthy eating easier. if you’re a brand and feel your product aligns with my real food philosophy, I’d love to work together. Get in touch here